|Position:||Postdoctoral Research Associate|
|Email:||jana (at) informatik․uni−hamburg․de|
|Phone:||+49 40 42883-2320|
I am a postdoctoral research associate at Universität Hamburg working under the supervision of Professor Chris Biemann. I am currently working on HILANO project which deals with the anonymization of sensitive data.
I obtained a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering in Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT Kgp), India under the supervision of Professor Pawan Goyal. I completed my Master of Technology degree at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering in Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT Kgp), India under the supervision of Professor Anupam Basu.
- Gopalakrishnan Venkatesh, Abhik Jana, Steffen Remus, Özge Sevgili, Gopalakrishnan Srinivasaraghavan, and Chris Biemann . Using Distributional Thesaurus To Enhance Transformer-based Contextualized Representations for Low Resource Languages, In Proceedings of the 37th ACM/SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing (SAC), 2022. (Accepted, yet to appear).
- Anirban Bhowmick, Abhik Jana. Sentiment Analysis For Bengali Using Transformer Based Models, In Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Natural Language Processing (ICON), 2021. (Accepted, yet to appear).
- Abhik Jana, Gopalakrishnan Venkatesh, Seid Muhie Yimam and Chris Biemann, Hypernymy Detection for Low-Resource Languages: A Study for Hindi, Bengali, and Amharic, ACM Transactions on Asian and Low-Resource Language Information Processing (2021). (Accepted, yet to appear)
- Abhik Jana, Siddhant Haldar, Pawan Goyal. Network Embeddings from Distributional Thesauri for Improving Static Word Representations. Expert Systems with Applications (2021) (accepted).
- Abhik Jana, Chris Biemann, An Investigation towards Differentially Private Sequence Tagging in a Federated Framework, PrivateNLP 2021 Colocated with NAACL 2021.
- Timo Johner, Abhik Jana, Chris Biemann, Error Analysis of using BART for Multi-Document Summarization: A Study for English and German Language, NoDaLiDa 2021.
- Abhik Jana, Nikhil Reddy Varimalla, Pawan Goyal, Using Distributional Thesaurus Embedding for Co-hyponymy Detection, LREC 2020.
- Abhik Jana, Animesh Mukherjee, Pawan Goyal, Network measures: A new paradigm towards reliable novel word sense detection, in International Journal of Information Processing and Management 57(6): 102173 (2020).
- Soumya Sharma, Bishal Santra, Abhik Jana, Santosh Tokala, Niloy Ganguly and Pawan Goyal, Incorporating Domain Knowledge into Medical NLI using Knowledge Graphs, In Proceedings of the 2019 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing and the 9th International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing (EMNLP-IJCNLP), pp. 6091-6096, 2019.
- Abhik Jana, Dmitry Puzyrev, Alexander Panchenko, Pawan Goyal, Chris Biemann and Animesh Mukherjee, On the Compositionality Prediction of Noun Phrases using Poincaré Embeddings, In Proceedings of the 57th Annual Meeting of the
Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), pp. 3263-3274, 2019.
- Abhik Jana, Animesh Mukherjee, and Pawan Goyal, Detecting Reliable Novel Word Senses: A Network-Centric Approach, In Proceedings of the 34th ACM/SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing (SAC), pp. 976-983, 2019.
- Abhik Jana, Pranjal Kanojiya, Pawan Goyal and Animesh Mukherjee, WikiRef: Wikilinks as a route to recommending appropriate references for scientific Wikipedia pages, In Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING), pp. 379-389, 2018.
- Abhik Jana and Pawan Goyal, Can Network Embedding of Distributional Thesaurus be Combined with Word Vectors for Better Representation?, In Proceedings of the 2018 Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies (NAACL HLT), Volume 1 (Long Papers), vol. 1, pp. 463-473, 2018.
- Abhik Jana and Pawan Goyal, Network Features Based Co-hyponymy Detection, In Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), pp. 39-44, 2018.
- Abhik Jana, Sruthi Mooriyath, Animesh Mukherjee and Pawan Goyal, WikiM: Metapaths based Wikification of Scientific Abstracts, In Proceedings of the 17th ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL), pp. 21-30, IEEE Press, 2017.
- Manjira Sinha, Tirthankar Dasgupta, Abhik Jana, Anupam Basu, Design and Development of a Bangla Semantic Lexicon and Semantic Similarity Measure, in International Journal of Computer Applications(95.5), June 2014.
- Manjira Sinha, Abhik Jana, Tirthankar Dasgupta, Anupam Basu, A New Semantic Lexicon and Similarity Measure in Bangla, in Proceedings of the 3rd Workshop on Cognitive Aspects of the Lexicon (CogALex-III), pp. 171-182, COLING 2012.
- Mainak Biswas, Abhik Jana, Rajib Paul, Himadri Nath Saha, A Secure Routing Protocol Based on Fidelity, in International Conference on Scientific Paradigm Shift In Information Technology and Management, Kolkata, January 2011.