|Email:||beloucif (at) informatik․uni−hamburg․de|
|Phone:||+49 40 42883 2368|
|Fax:||+49 40 42883 2345|
I am a postdoctoral researcher at Universität Hamburg working under the supervision of Professor Chris Biemann. I am currently working on Comparative Question Answering. Before joining the LT group in Hamburg, I worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Copenhagen under the supervision of Professor Anders Søgaard.
I obtained a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering in Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) under the supervision of Professor Dekai Wu. I did a Master degree in Software Engineering and a Bachelor degree in Academic Computer Science at the Department of Computer Science, University of Science and Technology Houari Boumedienne, Algiers, Algeria.
My current research focuses is on comparative question answering, neural machine translation with a particle focus on using reinforcement learning for NMT. However, I am passionate about NLP in general and thus collaborating on multiple projects like semantic role labelling and fact-checking. Please feel free to check my curriculum vitae and my Google Scholar.
- Cezar SAS, Meriem BELOUCIF, Anders SØGAARD (2020). WikiBank: Using Wikidata to Improve Multilingual Frame-Semantic Parsing. The 12th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC). Marseille, France.
- Alexander Bondarenko, Matthias Hagen, Martin Potthast, Henning Wachsmuth, Meriem Beloucif, Chris Biemann, Alexander Panchenko, and Benno Stein.(2020): Touché: First Shared Task on Argument Retrieval. Proceedings of ECIR 2020 Clef Task papers, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Alexander Bondarenko, Matthias Hage, Meriem Beloucif, Chris Biemann, Alexander Panchenko (2020): Answering Comparative Questions withWeb-based Arguments. Proceedings of AAAI 2020 Workshop on Interactive and Conversational Recommendation Systems, New York, USA.
- Meriem BELOUCIF, Ana Valeria GONZALEZ, Marcel BOLLMANN, Anders Søgaard. Naive regularizers for low-resource neural machine translation. Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing 2019. Borovets, Bulgaria.
- Meriem BELOUCIF and Dekai WU. SRL for low resource languages isn't needed for semantic SMT. 21st Annual Conference of the European Association for Machine Translation, Alicante, Spain.
- Meriem BELOUCIF and Dekai WU. Injecting a Semantic Objective Function into Early Stage Learning of Spoken Language Translation. Sixth IEEE Workshop on Spoken Language Technology, San Diego, USA.
- Meriem BELOUCIF, Markus SAERS and Dekai WU. Improving word alignment for low resource languages using English monolingual SRL. Sixth Workshop on Hybrid Approaches to Translation, Osaka, Japan.
- Meriem BELOUCIF and Dekai WU. Injecting a Semantic Objective Function into Early Stage Learning of Spoken Language Translation. Oriental COCOSDA 2016, 19th International Conference of the Oriental Chapter of the International Committee for the Co-ordination and Standardization of Speech Databases and Assessment Techniques, Bali, Indonesia.
- Meriem BELOUCIF and Dekai WU. Driving inversion transduction grammar induction with semantic evaluation. 5th Joint Conference on Lexical and Computational Semantics, Berlin, Germany.
- Meriem BELOUCIF and Dekai WU. A semantically confidence-weighted ITG induction algorithm. 3rd International Workshop on Semantic Machine Learning (SML 2016), at IJCAI 2016. New York, USA.
- Meriem BELOUCIF, Markus SAERS, and Dekai WU. Improving Semantic SMT via Soft Semantic Role Label Constraints on ITG Alignments . Machine Translation Summit XV, Miami, USA.
- Meriem BELOUCIF, Chi-kiu LO, and Dekai WU. Improving MEANT Based Semantically Tuned SMT. 11th International Workshop on Spoken Language Translation (IWSLT 2014), 34-41. Lake Tahoe, California, USA.
- Dekai WU, Chi-kiu LO, Meriem BELOUCIF and Markus SAERS. Better Semantic Frame Based MT Evaluation via Inversion Transduction Grammars. Proceedings of SSST-8, Eighth Workshop on Syntax, Semantics and Structure in Statistical Translation (at EMNLP 2014), Doha, Qatar.
- Chi-kiu LO, Meriem BELOUCIF, Markus SAERS, and Dekai WU. XMEANT: Better semantic MT evaluation without reference translations. 52nd Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL 2014), 765-771, Baltimore, USA.
- Chi-kiu LO, Meriem BELOUCIF, and Dekai WU. "Improving machine translation into Chinese by tuning against Chinese MEANT". 10th International Workshop on Spoken Language Translation (IWSLT 2013). Heidelberg, Germany.
- Dekai WU, Karteek ADDANKI, Markus SAERS, and Meriem BELOUCIF. Learning to Freestyle: Hip Hop Challenge-Response Induction via Transduction Rule Segmentation. 2013 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP 2013), 102-112. Seattle, USA.
- Fall 2018: Guest lecturer, Natural Language Processing, University of Copenhagen.
- Fall 2018: Guest lecturer, Introduction to Computer Science, University of Copenhagen.
- Fall 2016: COMP4911 IT Entrepreneurship, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
- Spring 2016: COMP3211 Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
- Fall 2015: COMP4221 Introduction to Natural Language Processing, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
- Spring 2015: COMP4211 Machine Learning, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
- Fall 2014: COMP1022Q Introduction to Computing with Excel VBA, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
- Spring 2012: Project Management at the University of Boumerdes, Algeria.
- Fall 2012: Logic and Lambda Calculus at the University of Blida, Algeria.