Open Position: Full-Time Research Associate
11 July 2018, by David Mosteller
Photo: Unsplash, https://unsplash.com/license; cropped
The MAST group is looking to hire a research associate looking to pursue a PhD in our Hamburg-based internationally-recognized, highly diverse group.
You would like to pursue the challenge of doing a PhD in our Hamburg-based, internationally-recognized, highly-diverse team?
With immediate effect we recruit a research associate (for full details see PDF file). The contract is initially running for three years. The position is full-time. The selected candidate will be remunerated on the basis of the TV-L 13 salary scale. The desirable start is September 1st 2018. German language proficiency is required.
You will work in the intersection of the following fields:
- Requirements engineering and management
- Empirical software engineering and software analytics
- Recommender systems, machine learning, and decision support technologies.
You will have multiple opportunities to interact with other researchers and projects at the research group lead by Prof. Maalej.
Tasks and duties:
- Conduct your own research including conception, development, experimentation, and evaluation tasks
- Involvement into teaching activities
- Coordinate research activities, co-supervise students and junior researches
- Publish and disseminate the research results
- Masters Degree
- Excellent grades and academic record
- Very high level of commitment, responsibility and self-initiative
- Intercultural understanding and curiosity to work in new environments and on new topics
- High knowledge and interest in research and teaching in at least two of the following topics:
- Software engineering
- Data science
- Software applications
- Empirical research
- Good skills in the development of apps are of advantage
- Good skills in modern software technologies, programming languages, and frameworks are preferred
- Very good written and spoken German/English skills
- Practical experience in software development and management
- Experience in research projects, teaching (e.g., tutor-activities), as well as in scientific working and writing are of advantage
Applications should include a brief letter of motivation (max. 1 page), the curriculum vitae, and copies of degree certificate(s). Please send your application as ONE PDF file (max 10 MB) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University aims to increase the number of women in research and teaching and explicitly encourages women to apply.
Application open until August 5th 2018.
Further information can be found on our research group website.
The university website can be found here.
Hamburg is the second largest city in Germany and has been recently found by The Economist as one of the top 10 cities to live in the world. Further information.
For further queries, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Walid Maalej: tel. +4940428 83–2187; email: email@example.com