The library is open Mon-Fri from 9am to 7pm.
All information on our websites will be constantly updated.
If you have any questions, you can reach us by phone at 040 42883-2215. Or send us an e-mail(infbib-information.inf"AT"uni-hamburg.de). Your inquiries will be answered promptly!
- After making an appointment via the reservation tool students can use in the library worksplaces, as well as the binding machine and the scanner.
- Before borrowing, media must be ordered via the Campus-Catalogue or Katalogplus or by mail(infbib-ausleihe.inf"AT"uni-hamburg.de). For collecting and returning media you don't have to make an appointment.
- Wearing a medical mouth-nose protection is obligatory.
- General hygiene rules apply, such as hand washing, cough and sneeze etiquette, and the use of disinfectant. This will be provided on site.
- Only one person is admitted at a time.
- Keep a distance of 1.5 to 2 meters from other persons at all times.
- Upon entering the library, user data is recorded and kept for contact tracing for 28 days.
Loan & Return
- Before borrowing media, it is necessary to order them via the Campus Catalogue and Katalogplus or by e-mail(infbib-ausleihe.inf"AT"uni-hamburg.de). During the opening hours of the library, the ordered media are usually ready for collection within 1 hour and are displayed in your user account.
- You will receive an e-mail notification that the media are ready to collect, which you must present to the porter's lodge upon entering.
- An appointment is no longer required for collecting of ordered/reserved media as well as for the return.
Hotline & Consultation
You need a book or an article of a journal urgently? You don't know how to get access to e-media? You need help to research media effectively?
We are happy to help!
Together we'll find a solution for your request.
You can contact us Mo - Fr between 11am - 1pm by phone at 040 42883-2216.
Or arrange an individual consultation appointment with us - via Zoom or by phone. For your appointment request please contact us by e-mail(infbib-information.inf"AT"uni-hamburg.de).
Delivery Service & E-Media
This offer is only available to students and members of the University of Hamburg.
With the Campus Delivery Service you can order articles from journals and books that have the Campus Delivery Service ordering feature in the Katalogplus. The Informatics Library is also participating in the Campus Delivery Service.
- An extensive range of e-media is available to you. All e-books are searchable and linked in the Campus Catalogue and the Katalogplus. Scientific journals are available via the Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek. Detailed information on e-media and databases can be found here.