Place to Study and Work
Bookeye - Overhead Scanner
In the entrance area of the Informatics Library there is a book scanner for scientific purposes. The use of the scanner is free of charge.
The scanner can be used - within the limits of copyright - to scan essays from books or journals in grayscale or color. You may save the scans to your own USB stick in PDF or JPG format. (If a USB stick is not available, please ask at the Loan Desk of the Informatics Library. We offer USB sticks on short loan).
The Huddle Room in the Informatics Library is a small meeting room in which 2-4 people can meet to discuss and present their ideas and work results. It is equipped with flexible furniture, a whiteboard, a 4k monitor and wireless BYOD presentation technology. This technology allows screen mirroring with AirPlay, Miracast and Chromecast, so no apps, dongles or additional software are required to share content wirelessly from a smartphone, laptop or tablet on the screen.
The Huddle Room can be reserved in advance via the reservation tool.
Alternatively, the Huddle Room can also be reserved as an individual workstation, e.g. for an online exam or presentation.
You forgot your charging cable at home? At the loan desk you can borrow various charging cables for a short time.
Do you study at the library regularly? You don't want to transport your own books, papers, etc. that you use in the library from home to the library and back every day? Then borrow a lockable caddy at the loan desk!
- The loan period is 4 weeks. Extensions are possible - as long as there are no reservations.
- In addition to personal materials, documents and folders, you may also store your own or borrowed media in the caddy. The shelf mark of books should be visible from the outside. It is not permitted to place food, drink, and valuables in the caddy.
- The caddy should not block escape routes within the library. Overnight the caddy has to be left in the loan desk.
- At the end of the loan period, the caddy has to be cleared and the key returned to the loan desk. In case of key loss, 15 € will be charged
- The library is authorized to carry out checks in the caddys. No liability will be accepted for items lost from the caddy. If the caddy is not used several times a week, the right of use ends.
also useful ...
We offer you serveral tools to make working in the library easier:
Kensington locks / bookends / multi-pole sockets / earplugs
In summer, fans and sunscreens for laptops are available for working on the library terrace.
If you are interested, please ask us!