Johanna Ansohn McDougall
|Phone||+49 40 42883 2287|
|Office location||F 629|
|Consultation||Currently only via the phone number and e-mail address mentioned above.|
Johanna is a research associate in the Security in Distributed Systems (SVS) research group at University of Hamburg, Department of Computer Science.
She studied Informatics at the University of Hamburg, with a focus on IT-Security. During her Bachelor studies, she spent a semester abroad at the University of Winnipeg, Canada. In her Master thesis, she devised a methodology to evaluate the security of an IoT Smart Lock. When applying the methodology to a specific smart lock, she found several security flaws in the implementation. Currently, she is mostly interested in the security properties of wireless communication, or lack thereof.
Johanna enjoys playing around in Linux systems and participating in CTFs. She is an active member of the Chaos Computer Club and part of its Hamburg CTF-Team Cyclopropenylidene.
- Wireless Security
- Secure Connection Establishment
- Protection of unencrypted communication (e.g. ADS-B messages and probe requests)
- IoT Security
- Patching von Sicherheitslücken in IoT-Geräten in kritischen Infrastrukturen
- Analyse und Evaluation von Datenschutz und Sicherheit smarter Kinderspielzeuge
- Sicheres VPN-Bootstrapping in unverschlüsselten Wi-Fi-Hotspots
- Sicherheitsmechanismen und Angriffe in WPA2 und WPA3
- Konzeption, Implementation und Evaluation eines Leakage-Analysers für Probe Requests auf mobilen Endgeräten
- Generic-Address-Scheme zur privatsphärefreundlichen Gestaltung von Probe Requests