Dr. German I. Parisi
Postdoctoral Research Associate TRR Crossmodal Learning Project
- From 2016 - TRR 169 "Cross-Modal Learning"
- 2013-2016 - Cognitive Assistive Systems (CASY)
- 2013-2015 - Cross-modal interaction in natural and artificial cognitive systems (CINACS)
- Neurocognitive systems for action recognition and assessment;
- Computational models for multimodal integration;
- Neural network self-organization and deep learning;
- Human-robot assistance and social robotics;
- Lifelong learning machines;
- Artificial intelligence, neural networks, neuroscience.
Research Associate TRR Crossmodal Learning Project
|2017||PhD in Computer Science, Universität Hamburg, Germany|
|2015||Visiting Researcher at Cognitive Neuro-Robotics Lab (Local supervisor: Prof. Jun Tani)
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Daejeon, South Korea.
|2013||Master's Degree in Computer Science.
|2011||Software Developer. IBM, Milan, Italy.|
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
20/11/2015"A neurocognitive assistive robot: Human action learning with neural network self-organization", Asada Laboratory, Osaka University, Japan.
|16/03/2018||"Continual Learning of Spatio-Temporal Representations with Deep Neural Network Self-Organization", Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA|
|11/07/2017||"Deep Neural Network Self-Organization for Lifelong (Multimodal) Learning", Kreiman's Lab, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA|
|10/11/2015||"Emergence of multimodal cognitive representations from neural network self-organization", Cognitive Neuro-Robotics Lab, KAIST, Daejeon, South Korea.|
|11/12/2014||"Neural integration of pose-motion features for human action recognition", Slipguru, Universita' di Genova, Genoa, Italy.|
|18/12/2014||"Neurocognitive assistive robotics", Dept. of Theoretical Computer Science and Mathematical Logic, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic.|
Events and activities
I'm a reviewer for the following journals:
- Nature Communications
- Frontiers in Neurorobotics
- Neural Networks (Elservier)
- Pattern Recognition Letters (Elservier)
- Cognitive Systems Research (Elservier)
- ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data
- IEEE Transactions in Cognitive and Developmental Systems
- IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters
Selected Demos and Videos
Robust Fall Detection with an Assistive Humanoid Robot
Parisi, G. I., Strahl, E. , Wermter, S.
15 January 2015 - Article (no longer online) in the German newspaper Die ZEIT featured the fall detection system with the Nao and an overview of the on-going research at our lab.
November, 2014 - Video session @ 14th IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids '14), Madrid, Spain.
- 26 June 2016 - Robotic Day, Prague Congress Center, Prague, Czech Republic.
- 12 September 2014 - Lab tour @ 24th International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks (ICANN '14), Hamburg.
- 17/18 June 2014 - eHealth Conference, Hamburg, 17-18 June 2014.
- Degener, O.: "Häusliche Sturzerkennung mit einem Roboter". eHealth Conference 2014 Menschen, Metropolen, Möglichkeiten – bessere Versorgung durch eHealth, GVG-Schriftenreihe 75, pp. 210-211, Köln, 2014.
- 15 May 2014 - Campus visit of the Mayor of the City of Hamburg, University of Hamburg.
Learning Human Motion Feedback with Neural Self-Organization
von Stosch, F., Parisi, G. I., Magg, S. , Wermter, S.
August, 2015 - Video Session @ 24th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI '15), Buenos Aires, Argentina.