All About Lendings
- Search in the Campus Catalogue for media you want to borrow, then log in with your library card number and password and click on "order". There is no need to log in again for further orders. In the Katalogplus you can log in immediately (on the right side at the top). Then start with your search for media you want to borrow and click the corresponding order link.
- Alternatively send an e-mail to infbib-ausleihe.inf"AT"uni-hamburg.de with your name, the number of your library card and the media (author and title) you'd like to borrow.
- During the opening hours of the library, ordered media are usually ready for collection within 1 hour and are displayed in your user account.
- You will receive a separate e-mail notification, which you have to present, when entering the premises.
- To pick up ordered media you don't have to make an appointment!
Using the link User account in the Campus Catalogue you get an overview of the media you have ordered and borrowed.
Media can be borrowed for 4 weeks. You will receive an e-mail 3 days before the loan period ends.
If the item is not on reserve, you can renew the loan period.
Please use the Campus Catalogue for renewals. Using the link User account you can get an overview of the media you have borrowed, with the option of renewing them.
You can extend the loan period three times for another 4 weeks. Please note that the loan period of the media is extended by 4 weeks from the day of the extension - not from the end of the loan period!
You cannot renew your borrowed media?
This may be because the loan period has been exceeded, three renewals have already been implemented or your library card has expired. In these cases we will be happy to help! Please call us at 42883-2215 or -2216 or send us an e-mail(infbib-ausleihe.inf"AT"uni-hamburg.de).
You will be automatically notified by e-mail as soon as a reserved item is returned to the library. In addition you will receive a separate e-mail notification, which you have to present, when entering the premises. To pick up ordered media you don't have to make an appointment!
You want to pick up a reserved laptop?
In this case, please contact us beforehand by telephone (42883-2215) as there may be delays due to resetting the equipment!
Media borrowed from the Informatics Library can only be returned there.
It is also possible to return the media by mail. However, the liability risk in case of a possible loss is yours.
You will get an email 3 days before the loan period ends in order to renew or return the book.
Exceeding the loan period is charged per item and reminder:
- from the first day of overdue: €1
- at the end of the first week: €2 additionally
- at the end of the second week: €5 additionally (you will be blocked automatically, no circulation activities will be possible then.)
- at the end of the fourth week: €10 additionally
Example: If you return a book two weeks too late, you have to pay € 3.
The maximum fee per item will be € 18.
Fine rates can be paid cashless by cash card using the PIN at the cash machine next to the loan desk.
You will be automatically locked if your fees exceed € 10.
If you are reminded the third time for an overdue book, you will be locked, too.
No more circulation activities will be possible in both cases.
Scale of Fine rates (in German)