For Members of the Department
You do not have a library card?
To get a library card, please supply your personal information online in advance.
Then you can send us an e-mail(infbib-information.inf"AT"uni-hamburg.de) with scans of your identity card (or passport with an official verification of residence) and your service certificate or employment contract. If you wish, we will post your library card to your private address.
The Library Card is free of charge for members of state universities in Germany.
You already have a library card?
To use the additional library service for members of the University of Hamburg, please send us an e-mail(infbib-information.inf"AT"uni-hamburg.de) with with the number of your library card and scans of your identity card / passport + confirmation of registration and your service certificate or employment contract.
You want to renew your library card?
Please send us an e-mail(infbib-information.inf"AT"uni-hamburg.de) with the number of your library card and scans of your service certificate or employment contract.
All About Lendings
With our "Click & Collect"-Service books can be borrowed.
How does it work?
Send an e-mail( infbib-information.inf"AT"uni-hamburg.de) with your name, the number of your library card and the media (author and title) you'd like to borrow. We will send the media to your private address.
Media can be borrowed for 4 weeks.
The loan period is automatically extended for another 4 weeks.
Please note that an automatic renewal is not possible if
- a book you have borrowed has been reserved by someone else,
- your library card expires before the end of the new loan period,
- you have too many fees in your account or
- the reminder procedure for the book due has already started.
In these cases you will be notified by us.
You get access to your user account by using the link User account in the Campus Catalogue. Please enter the number of your library card and your password.
In your user account you can
- get an overview of your borrowed and reserved items
- change your password
- change your email adress
You can reserve items that are currently on loan. When the book is available, we will put it in your postbox and inform you by e-mail.
Exceeding the loan period is charged per item and re-minder. For further information please refer to the “Scale of Fine rates”.
If you like, we will be glad to introduce you personally to the library use.
If you have any questions please contact the librarians: infbib-information.inf"AT"uni-hamburg.de
We can obtain all books and articles you need for your work at the Department of Informatics. The delivery takes place via the mailbox of your work area or - if possible - in electronic form.
Do you need an article?
Select one of the two options:
- Send us an e-mail: infbib-information.inf"AT"uni-hamburg.de. We will do the research for you and deliver the article / essay in print or as PDF.
- Use the Campus Delivery Service for essay deliveries from the libriaries of the University of Hamburg and the State and University Library.
To use this free service, you must register for the first time:
- Open Katalogplus
- Log in with your library card number and password via "Login". "My account" appears in the upper menu bar.
- As a staff member of the UHH, you will be activated directly after logging in.
How to order after registration:
- Log in and research the Katalogplus. You can order essays from journals and books which are provided with the Campus Delivery Service order function. Clicking on it opens an order form in which you fill in the marked fields.
- Within three working days (excluding Saturday) a link to the download server of the SUB will be sent to your e-mail address. If the desired title cannot be delivered, you will be informed by e-mail.
If you have any questions, please contact the Campus Delivery Service (Dokumentlieferung@sub.uni-hamburg.de) or the Informatics Library (infbib-information.inf"AT"uni-hamburg.de).
Do you need a book?
- Should it be bought for the library collection? Do you want to borrow it immediately afterwards?
- Is an inter-library loan sufficient?
- Do you prefer the electronic version if a license is available?
- Would you like to take a closer look at the book before recommending it for purchase? In many cases we can order trial copies from our bookseller.
- Do you recommend the book in your courses? Multiple copies can also be procured and/or titles can be registered as reference books for one semester.
Just fill out the following form or write us an email: email@example.com