|Phone:||+49 40 42883-2322|
|Address:||Informatikum, Vogt-Kölln-Straße 30, 22527 Hamburg|
[Curriculum Vitae] We are hiring student assistants funded by CML Project. Self-motivated students with experience in NLP and VLP are welcome. (Students should be enrolled in German Universities.)
I am a third-year Ph.D. candidate at the University of Hamburg (Universität Hamburg/Exzellenzuniversitäten), Language Technology Group, advised by Prof. Dr. Chris Biemann, who is the best supervisor I've ever had. My research is supported by DFG Project Crossmodal Learning for Improving Human Reading. Before I join LT group, I got the M.Eng. and B.Eng. in Computer Science at the South China University of Technology (Double First-Class Universities and Disciplines) in 2019 and 2016 respectively. I have worked with Prof. Wenjie Li (She taught me how to do research and be critical.) at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and Prof. Min Yang (She introduced NLP to me.) at the Chinese Academy of Sciences. Since 2022, I also collaborate with Dr. Ding Liang, from whom I got a lot of valuable advice.
I have broad interests in natural language processing (NLP), particularly in cross-modal learning and natural language generation.
- Cognition-inspired Language Models: Understandings, Representations and Predictions
- Parameter-Efficient Training on VLP models: Training, Representations and Alignment
- Cross-modal Dataset: Construction, Evaluation and Application
- Aug. 2023: Co-organizer of CLEF-2024 SemEval Task: Multilingual Text Detoxification.
- Jul. 2023: One paper accepted to ECAI 2023!
- Jun. 2023: Invited talk at the University of Wuppertal.
- Dec. 2022: Visiting Researcher at the Institute of Psychology, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- Jun. 2022: Attending LREC 2022.
- May 2022: One paper accepted to LREC 2022!
- Apr. 2021: Ph.D. Candidate at the University of Hamburg.
- Jun. 2020: One paper accepted to Information Sciences.
Projects: SFB TRR 169 Project C7: Crossmodal Learning for Improving Human Reading.
Funded by German Research Foundation: 05.2020 - 12.2024
Selected Publications: [Full Publication List]
- Probing Language Models from A Human Behavioral Perspective
- Xintong Wang, Xiaoyu Li, Xingshan Li, and Chris Biemann
- Resource: [Pre-print Version]
- Using Self-Supervised Dual Constraint Contrastive Learning for Cross-modal Retrieval
- Xintong Wang, Xiaoyu Li, Liang Ding, Sanyuan Zhao, and Chris Biemann.
- European Conference on Artificial Intelligence 2023. (ECAI 2023). (CORE Rank A - 24%)
- MOTIF: Contextualized Images for Complex Words to Improve Human Reading
- Xintong Wang*, Florian Schneider*, Özge Alaçam, Prateek Chaudhury, and Chris Biemann. (*Equal Contribution)
- Language Resources and Evaluation Conference 2022. (LREC 2022). (CORE Rank B)
- Resource: [MOTIF Dataset]
- Plausibility-promoting Generative Adversarial Network for Abstractive Text Summarization with Multi-task Constraint
- Min Yang, Xintong Wang, Yao Lu, Jianming Lv, Ying Shen, and Chengming Li.
- Information Sciences 2020. (Inf. Sci. 2020). (CORE Rank A)
- Cross-dataset Person Re-Identification Using Similarity Preserved Generative Adversarial Networks
- Jianming Lv, and Xintong Wang
- International Conference on Knowledge Science, Engineering and Management 2018. (KSEM 2018). (CORE Rank B)
- Resource: [Code]
- Project Mentor: Master Project Web Interfaces for Language Processing Systems, Summer 2022, 2023.
- Co-instructor: Master Course Natural Language for the Web Winter semester, Winter 2020.
- Invited Talk: Probing Large Language Models (LLMs) for Predicting Human Behavioral Data, June 2022, University of Wuppertal
- Conference Reviewer: AACL23', EMNLP 23', ECAI 23', ACM MM23', ACL23‘, EACL 22', AACL 22', EMNLP 22', EMNLP 21', ACL 21', NAACL 21', IJCAI 21' (Senior PC), ACL 20', EMNLP 20', AACL-IJCNLP 20', EMNLP-IJCNLP 19', NLPCC 19'
- Journal Reviewer: ACL Rolling Review, ACM Transactions on Asian and Low-Resource Language Information Processing (TALLIP), IEEE Access