The local Ethics Commission of the Department of Informatics of the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Natural Sciences of Universität Hamburg comments on request on the ethical tenability of research projects involving humans as well as research projects including personal data.
Every student and member of the Department of Informatics of the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Natural Sciences of Universität Hamburg can apply for an ethics vote. Submitting an application is particularly recommended for experiments which involve potential risks for the participants, or for studies in which participants are not entirely informed about the purpose and procedure of the study. Applications may be submitted at any time.
Please complete this basic questionnaire.
- If you can answer all boxes with "no", you do not need to consult the Ethics Commission. Please store the completed questionnaire with your project documentation.
- In case you tick one or more boxes with "yes", please send the completed basic questionnaire and additional information on your study to the Ethics Commission by e-mail: ethikkommission"AT"informatik.uni-hamburg.de
- In case your funding agency requires an official ethics assessment, you may send the completed form and additional information about the project proposal to the Ethics Commission by e-mail: ethikkommission"AT"informatik.uni-hamburg.de
The work of the Ethics Commission underlies the legal requirements of data security of Universität Hamburg as well as the WMA Declaration of Helsinki and the ethischen Richtlinien der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Psychologie e.V., each in their current version.
- Prof. Dr. Judith Simon (chair)
- Prof. Dr. Frank Steinicke (deputy)
- Prof. Dr. Hannes Federrath
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Wermter
- Christian Kurtz / Dr. Sven Magg
- Natalia Mannov / Laura Fichtner
- Anna Pasdzior / Jakob Ambsdorf
- Korbinian Koch / Benjamin Zimmer