The research activities at the Department of Computer Science cover a wide range of areas, cooperating with partners from science and industry. HITeC is the department’s center for Research and Technological Transfer. Due to its independent status, HITeC can provide highly flexible, professionally designed solutions for cooperation. These solutions are based on the very latest research data and therefore offer the advantage of highly superior technology.
HITeC is a registered association, financed by members of the Department of Computer Science. The incorporated association is linked to the University of Hamburg by means of a cooperative contract.
Please visit the website HITeC
The principal tasks of HITeC entail:
- User-oriented Research ventures
- the dissemination of Research data
- Offering seminars and advanced training courses
- Acting as a mediator for establishing contact between firms, students and the Department of Computer Science
- Optimization of practice-based higher education at the university level
- Offer of university grants and support for the purpose of founding businesses
Forms of cooperation
The firms may interact with HITeC or with the Department of Computer Science in a variety of ways. Most significant herein are the stated objectives of our various partners in cooperation. The following are possible:
- Contract research
- Cooperation projects
- On-going project support
A major prerequisite of all forms of cooperation is that these contain a relevant part of research. Many of our projects are sponsored by e.g. the European Union, various Federal Bodies (e.g. BMBF, BMWI) as well as the Hamburg Innovation Trust.
HITeC’s activities may be classified according to the following project areas:
- Distributed Systems Lab
- Intelligent Systems
- Software Engineering
- Logistic Simulation
- IT Security
- Information Systems
- Individual Projects