|Email:||johannssen (ä~t) informatik.uni-hamburg.de|
|Phone:||+49 40 42883 2365|
Hi, my name is Dirk.
I am an external doctoral student at the language technology group with Prof. Chris Biemann as my supervisor. Besides my studies, I am also an IT consultant and programmer at a company in Hamburg, as well as a freelancing research assistant and lecturer at the Nordakademie.
During my studies, I work on- and am interested in Natural Language Processing (NLP) of psychological text data for behavioral predictions. The goal of those studies is to find ways to determine the results of implicit psychometric tests solemnly by the way people use language on descriptions of situations and introspection, as well as explain the underlying psychometrics from a data point of view - possibly learning something new for the theories themselves.
Johannßen, D., Biemann, C., Scheffer, D. (2022): Classification of German Jungian Extraversion and Introversion Texts with Assessment of Changes during the COVID-19 Pandemic. In Proceedings of the LREC22 workshop on Resources and Processing of linguistic, para-linguistic and extra-linguistic Data from people with various forms of cognitive / psychiatric / developmental impairments (RaPID-4). European Language Resources Association (ELRA), Marseille, France (pdf).
Johannßen, D., Biemann, C. (2020): Social Media Unrest during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Neural Implicit Motive Pattern Recognition as psychometric Signs of Sever Crises. In Proceedings of the Workshop on Computational Modeling of People’s Opinions, Personality, and Emotions in Social Media (PEOPLES). The COLING 2020 Organizing Committee, Zurich, Switzerland (pdf).
Johannßen, D., Biemann C., and Scheffer, D. (2020): Ethical considerations of the GermEval20 Task 1. IQ assessment with natural language processing: Forbidden research or gain of knowledge? In Proceedings of the GermEval 2020 Task 1 Workshop in conjunction with the 5th SwissText & 16th KONVENS Joint Conference 2020, pages 30–44, Zurich, Switzerland (online) (pdf)
Johannßen, D., Biemann, C., Remus S., Baumann T., and Scheffer, D. (2020): GermEval 2020 Task 1 on the Classification and Regression of Cognitive and Motivational style from Text. In Proceedings of the 5th SwissText & 16th KONVENS Joint Conference 2020, pages 1–10, Zurich, Switzerland (online) (pdf)
Johannßen, D., Biemann, C. (2019): Neural classification with attention assessment of the implicit-association test OMT and prediction of subsequent academic success. Proceedings of KONVENS 2019, Erlangen, Germany (pdf) (poster).
Johannßen, D., Biemann, C. and Scheffer, D. (2019): Reviving a psychometric measure: Classification and prediction of the Operant Motive Test. Proceedings of CLPsych 2019, Minneapolis, MN, USA (pdf) (poster).
- Johannßen, D. Biemann, C. (2018): Between The Lines: Machine Learning for Prediction of Psychological Traits - a Survey. In: Proceedings of CD-MAKE 2018. Hamburg, Germany (pdf).
- 2022 - Lecture (B.Sc. Business Informatics) "Analytical Information Systems" Business Intelligence, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence at the University of Applied Sciences NORDAKADEMIE
- 2022- Lecture (Master of Science) "Methods and Applications of modular Artificial Intelligence" Introduction to computer science and social aspects at the University of Applied Sciences NORDAKADEMIE
- 2020, 2021 - Lecture (B.Sc. Business Informatics / B.Sc. Applied Computer Science) "Introduction to Artificial Intelligence" lecture series at the University of Applied Sciences NORDAKADEMIE.
- 2020, 2021 - Lecture (B.Sc. Business Informatics) "Scientific Writing and Methods 2: Selected Chapters of Computer Science" at the University of Applied Sciences NORDAKADEMIE
- 2020, 2021, 2022 - Lecture (B.Sc. Business Informatics) "Scientific Writing and Methods 1: Computer Science and Society" at the University of Applied Sciences NORDAKADEMIE
- 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 - Lecture (major M.Sc. Business Psychology) "Human-Computer-Interaction" at the University of Applied Sciences NORDAKADEMIE Graduate School
- 2018 - Lecture (Schnupperstudium) "Textclassification" at the Universität Hamburg, Computer science dept.
- Johannßen, D., Hachenberg, S., (2020, 2021, 2022) Artificial Intelligence Trainer: Artificial Intelligence in Human Resource Management. Mittelstand 4.0 Kompetenzzentrum Usability, Germany.
- Johannßen, D., Biemann C., Baumann, T., Remus, S., and Scheffer, D. (2020). Organization of the GermEval20 Task 1 on the Classification and Regression of Cognitive Style and Motivation from Text. 5th SwissText & 16thKONVENS Joint Conference 2020., Zurich, Switzerland (online).
- Forum Personal. "Artificial Intelligence in Human-Computer-Interaktion: From Aptitude to Fit Diagnostics". University of Applied Sciences Westküste (FH Westküste), Mai 2022.
- "Can Machines be Ethical? NLP and Psychology". Technical College Wildau (TH Wildau), Germany. Institute for Engineering and Science. B. Eng. Telematik, April 2021.
- "NLP + Society" at the Conjunction with the 5th SwissText & 16th KONVENS Joint Conference 2020, Switzerland (online), June 2020.
- "Machine learning and artificial intelligence for psychometrical textual analysis in the area of aptitude diagnostics", Technical University of Berlin (TU Berlin), Germany: Institute for Psychology and employment science, January 2020.
- "Current research advancements of NLPsych, the CAPTA Institut, and future prospects", Universität St. Gallen, Switzerland (CH): Institute for Computer Science (ICS), October 2019.
- "Language technological approaches for automatic prediction of psychometrics and psychological diseases", Universität Hamburg, Germany: Invited Talk Series "Understanding health - digital humanities in dialogue", July 2019.
- "Applied NLP for prediction of psychological traits and machine learning", University of Applied Science Westküste, Germany: Invited Talk Series "Ergonomics and Digitalization in Market and Industry", December 2018.
- Johannßen, D. (2017): Aptitude diagnostics via predictive analytics of subsequent academic success by the example of potential software developers (Masters thesis, German). NORDAKADEMIE Graduate School (University of Applied Sciences). Hamburg, Germany (pdf).
- Johannßen, D. (2015): Computer-aided limit value analysis by the application of mathematical methods in a compliance environment of a financial service provider (Bachelors thesis, German). FH NORDAKADEMIE (University of Applied Sciences). Elmshorn, Germany (pdf).
My main interests are making music (trombone, guitar, piano and singing), travelling, drawing and watching movies.