The following contents are only valid in compliance with the currently valid instructions:
There are different videoconference systems available at the department of informatics. The systems are set up for use with the DFNconf service and ZOOM and can be used by all participants with appropriate authorization. Further information on how to set up the DFNconf service and ZOOM meetings can be found on the pages of the RRZ and in the descriptions of the rooms below.
In order to support the online teaching within the framework of the measures to contain the Corona Pandemic, there is the possibility to use these facilities and rooms, provided that all necessary hygiene measures are observed.
Room A307 is equipped with:
- a Conference table and seating (currently limited to 6 persons)
- a Projector
- a Video Camera
- a Desktop Microphone System
- a Mac Mini for video usage
Quick Reference Guide
The lecture hall B201 is equipped with:
- Seating for approx. 120 pers.
- 3 beamers (max. 2 can be used simultaneously)
- Loudspeaker system
- Room microphone (records the entire room)
- Video camera in the direction of the lectern (zoom and swivel)
- Lectern with microphone and control desk
- Document camera with connection to beamer or laptop
The system can be used both for local events and for coupling with video conferencing systems.
Videosystems for hybrid meetings D125 / F334 / G022
Since the start of the winter semester 2021/22, a conference system for hybrid formats is available in the above mentioned rooms.
A detailed description can be found under the following link (currently only in german): #mce_temp_url#
Video-System Sony PCS1 (outdated technology)
You will find:
- a large monitor / TV
- a video camera system
- two microphone systems
- a control unit
- remote controls
- connection options for external sources
- a small sitting group consisting ofa table and several chairs
- a neutral designed background
- opportunities for darkening the room.
The room is suitable for small groups of up to 5 people.
Possible uses are essentially:
- point-to-point connections
- conferencing with other videoconferencing systems and / or telephone subscribers
- additional, parallel transfer of data, for example presentation slides
A distinction must be made based on the communication of officially registered VC nodes in the infrastructure . These include in the UHH registered systems that are integrated as part of the DFN infrastructure. The other variants are based on direct IP-based connections. Possible are, for example, also connections to PC-based systems.
The control of the VC can be performed via the small remote control, or on the other hand via a Web interface to the control unit. The latter variant is clearly more comfortable. The administration of conferences (multi-point connections) is also done via a web interface to the so called MCU. This canbe used to set up conferences, launch, participants / unload or embed / exclude and control various conference parameters such as the transmission quality.
Before using this service please submit a written request to the IRZ system support (or IRZ line) to ask (e-mail with subject "booking computer science VC" on "email@example.com").
The following points should be clarified:
- desired date + time / time window *
- contact + phone in the Department / university and possibly also to the participants for feedback
- desired or necessary conditions, for example, P2P, 'real' conference, including telephone **, with data transfer
- data of the participants (IP-Adr., possibly Regstriernummer in the RAID)
- if necessary, make / type of the devices involved
- possibly gain prior knowledge about the system and the operation
- possibly run a test in advance with planned stations
* Access i.d.R. only in the core opening time 9-16 clock
** In the room D-112 is only an internal phone line (-2281) are available, which is reachable from the outside.
The device connection IP: 134 100 246 232 in the university network.
[Note: The internal speed dial UniHH-7607 is after the failure of a component in the RCC no longer available.]
It is recommended that one person not directly involved in the conference to act as a "conference administrator," who can control the session in the way of the above mentioned interface. This person should receive a brief introduction to the system in advance.