The informatics department participates in the Microsoft Imagine (Premium) program (before called Dreamspark) within the Microsoft Select/EES program of the RRZ at UHH. Imagine is distributed by Microsoft via Azure (Dev Tools for Teaching).
Microsoft Imagine offers professional developer- and designer-tools to students and teachers.without further payment. The program is offered to members of the informatics department only.
Attention: Azure Dev Tools for Teaching may be used
for non-comercial teaching & research only,
not for adminsitration and infrastructure!
You will need a Microsoft account for access to Azure (Dev Tools for Teaching)
The eMail address oft this account must be identical to your informatics eMail address.
An existing Microsoft account can be extended with the informatics eMail address:
The program Imagine (formerly Dreamspark) by Microsoft enables the employees and students of the Informatics Department to obtain free of charge various software from Microsoft. In addition, the free use of this Microsoft software is permitted in all PC labs of the department.
Most programs from the Office package are excluded.
The right to apply is for teachers and students as well as administrators of the work areas of the informatics department. Employees in the adminsitration and the secretaries are not allowed to refer to this software at the Imagine terms.
Please refer to the Imagine Usage Guidelines.
The list of currently available products at Imagine is shown on the Azure page.
As a member of Imagine®, the department is authorized to provide selected Microsoft software to students and members of the Informatics Department, except secretariats and administration, for use on their (private) computer.
You must declare your agreement to the Imagine Usage Guidelines, the End User License Agreement (EULA) , and any guidelines issued by the department.
By installing, copying, or otherwise making use of the Software, you agree to abide by the provisions of the EULA.
- You must be registered as a student of the Department of Informatics or a member of the department (see above) in order to obtain authorization to install the program software on your private computer.
- You will receive a copy of the desired software that you can install on your (private) computer.
- For certain products, you will receive a product key that is required to install the software. You are not allowed to give the product key to other persons.
The complete Usage Guidelines can be read at Microsoft Imagine. Here are just a few points:
- You are not allowed to give the software or downloads to any other person. Other persons have to obtain the sofware for themselves with the given methods of the Imagine administration.
- You may only use the software and downloads for non-comercial teaching and research and/or for design, development and test in projects within the courses you give, for exams or private (non-comercial) projects. You are not allowed to use the software for comerical development.
- If you are no longer student or employee at the informatics department, you are no longer allowed to obtain Imagine software. But you are allowed to use already installed software on your computer, provided that you use the software within the usage gudelines.
- In case of violation of the EULA rules the Imagine adminstrator will request an confirmation that you deinstalled the software from your computers..
With signing or registration at the Azure portal you will accept the reulations of the EULA and the usage guidelines.
Access to Imagine
ATTENTION: After change of Imagine to Azure Dec Tools for Teaching (ADTfT) products of Microsoft are only available in ADTfT. Access is possible with an own MS-account via Azure Dev Tools for Teaching